About usAußenhandelsvereinigung des Deutschen Einzelhandels e.V. (AVE – Foreign Trade Association of German Retail Trade) is the leading organisation for importing retailers in Germany. Since AVE was founded in 1952, it has been representing the interests of German retailers (total annual revenue of around €230 billion) in all matters relating to foreign trade.
- argues in favour of open markets and liberal trade policies
- opposes trade barriers and protectionism
- promotes the expansion of international trade relations
- is committed to the observance of social responsibility in the supply chain
- supports its members in all matters relating to the import of goods